Frequently Asked Questions
Some commonly asked questions
Where can the Cleva card be used?
Cleva cards can be used almost anywhere that shows the Mastercard® brand mark, in shops and online.
You can set your account to block purchases from places you don’t want it to be used e.g. bars.
What does Cleva cost?
We have flexible pricing plans to meet your business needs.
Cleva costs from £3.50 per vulnerable user per month, with no extra charges for cards or admin users.
Get in touch for a discussion about your needs and we’ll provide you with a bespoke quote.
How long does it take to get set up?
As Cleva is a financial product, we need to run a couple of checks to verify your identity before you can join. This isn’t a complicated process and we can usually have you up and running in just a few weeks.
What’s the minimum contract you offer?
The minimum term is 12 months. However special terms may be able to be discussed depending on your business needs.
My agency is very small, can we have Cleva?
There is no minimum number of Cleva cards an agency can use, although in some cases a monthly minimum fee may apply
How do we get clients’ spending money onto a Cleva card?
Cleva allows your agency to stay in control.
You fund your Cleva account via bank transfer. This allows you to decide how much money is made available, and when, to each Cleva card.
Funds can be moved one card at a time or in bulk, saving you valuable time and effort.
Is our client’s money safe?
Yes, absolutely. All funds are held in ring-fenced accounts by Transact Payments Ltd. who are a fully licensed e-money institution.
What is the difference between an expense card and a Cleva Card?
With Cleva you gain access to a very clever solution! Unlike with most standard expense cards, Cleva allows you to:
- Save time, money and effort by controlling all accounts via our proprietary administration module.
- Easily and instantly move funds between accounts, and carers, as needed.
- Increase safety by setting controls on where funds can be spent.
- Gain a complete real-time overview of all the activity across all your cards.
- Give peace of mind to family members of those who you care for, by allowing them to view how much and where money is being spent.
- Save time and money in time-consuming reconciliation of cash.
- Greatly mitigate any fraudulent activity by allowing you to remove cash at any point in time.
Are there credit limits?
Cleva cards operate on a prepaid model, therefore there is no credit involved and no interest rate surprises. Only funds which have been pre-loaded by your agency can be spent on the card.
Can we use our own logo on the cards?
Absolutely! Subject to a minimum quantity, it is absolutely possible to have your logo printed onto the card. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.